Plastic drainage board is supplied in rolls or board. The raw material is pressed with a pattern of cylindric protrusions. Such a pressed plate then has a vertical space and still retains the original integrity with good load bearing capacity. The edge of such a pressed plate is then heated and stuck with a butyl rubber strip. Then a geotextile sheet is bonded over the protruded side of the pressed plate. The final product can be used for soaking, filtrating, draining, and retaining water. It is also referred to as water soaking and drainage plate, water drainage and reinforcement plate, water-filtration plate, concaved plastic drainage plate, or plastic sandwich plate.
The popular drainage board for construction works include plastic drainage board, water storage and drainage board, drainage roll sheets, drainage board, drainage composite board, vertically structured drainage board, and protruded drainage board.
1.Water conduction and drainage
Drainage and reinforcement board is all manufactured with a vertical structure of protrusions and ribs. Such a structure can facilitate water flow and thus reduce or release the static water pressure in the waterproofing layer. In other words, the plate is a proactive waterproofing solution through proactive water conduction.
Waterproofing: The raw HDPE (high-density polyethylene) plate has good waterproofing properties. Drainage and reinforcement board made with HDPE can be connected together to form a good secondary waterproofing structure.
Drainage and reinforcement board can in effect protect building structures and their waterproofing layer. Additionally, they is resistant to acid and alkali and can protect the building structures from the intrusion of plant roots and splinters. For instance, they can be used to protect the exterior wall of a basement and its waterproofing layer from damages that may be caused by backfilled soils.
3. Sound insulation, ventilation, and moisture-proofing:
Experiment data show that HDPE (high-density polyethylene) drainage and reinforcement board can reduce indoor noise (500HZ) by 14 dB, a significant improvement. When used in the top layer of a ground or the outer layer of a wall, they also have good effect in ventilation and moisture-proofing.
1. Greening works: garage roof greening, roof garden, vertical greening, greening of pitched roof, football fields, and golf courses.
2. Civil engineering: airports, roadway subgrades, subways, tunnels, and solid waste landfills.
3.Building structures: top and bottom layer of building foundation, interior and exterior walls and ground of basements, and bottom layer, waterproofing layer, and heat-insulation layer of roofs.
4. Hydraulic engineering: waterproofing of reservoirs, impounded basins, and artificial lakes.
5. Road engineering: subgrades of roadways and railroads, embankments, and side slopes.
1. Make the surface (onto which drainage board is to be placed) clean of any garbage. Screed the cement level. No obvious convex or concave is allowed. Garage roof and roof garden should have a gradient of 2-5‰..
2. Waterproofing of basement ground: Place a layer of drainage board on the foundation, with the protruded side facing downward. Next, construct the terrace over the layer of drainage board. Next, construct blind drainage around the layer of drainage board, in order to prevent the underground water from upward penetration. Any underground water that has penetrated upward is conducted to the blind drainage through the vertical structure of the drainage plate and then to the sump pit.
3. Waterproofing of basement interior walls: Place drainage board onto the wall with the protruded side facing the wall. Next, apply a layer of bricks or cemented hardwis cloth to protect the drainage board. Thus, any water that has penetrated from the outside into the wall will flow down to the blind drainage through the drainage board’ vertical structure and then to the sump pit.
4. Attention should be taken to preventing any foreign materials (soil, cement, sand, and so on) from entering the drainage board’ vertical structure wherever they is applied as the vertical structure serves as water pathway and should never be blocked.
5. Proper measures should be taken to protect the drainage board when being laid on site. The drainage board should be backfilled in a timely manner when applied in outdoor garages or similar structures, in order to prevent any adverse effects of strong wind. The protection layer should be applied in a timely manner when the drainage board is applied to basements or interior walls as frequent movements of workers and materials may inadvertently cause damage to the unprotected board.
6. Apply a layer of sand (3-5 cm) over the geotextile to facilitate water penetration through the geotextile when clay is backfilled. It is not necessary to apply such a layer of sand if nutritional soil or light soil is backfilled, as water can easily penetrate through such soils.
7. Two drainage board can be lap joined with 1 or 2 rows of protrusions overlapped, or butt joined. It is critical to prevent mud and soil from entering to the drainage board’ vertical structure.
1. Store the drainage board in a dry and well ventilated environment. Do not expose them direct to sunshine. Keep them away from fire.
2. Pile drainage board vertically or horizontally. Do not pile them in a tilted manner or more than three layers high. Do not put any heavy weight on such a pile.
3. Install the drainage board flat and down slope or in the direction of water flow.
4. Lap join two geotextile sheets by 150 cm of overlapping. Secure the joint with glue or compacted soil and then backfill. The backfills should be compacted layer by layer.